After accepting the challenge to read my Bible cover to cover in a month with Justin... I started cheating. I know it't not November yet but I am already in Numbers (the 3rd book of the Bible)
Here are some tips I have learned already!
Iphone Bible App
Ipad or Kindle
You Version Bible App (audio)
Once I got into the lengthy law part, I found that switching to listening to
the Bible be read to me on my iPhone, made it more enjoyable! If you listen to the
NKJ version, the man reading has a sweet Lord of the Rings voice.
I prefer the ESV translation personally... but the NKJ reader was awesome.
I've been listening to it while I put away laundry or drive in the car,
surprisingly Micah doesn't seem to mind.
Random thoughts while reading (so far):
- The Israelites were super annoying when wandering the desert. "Manna is the worst lunch I have ever had....can we just have a salad or something, don't you know I have had diarrhea since Egypt?" ( a little Nacho Libre humor, sorry....)
- God still uses people who fail Him (be encouraged)
- I am SO GLAD Jesus came and died for us so we are no longer under the law because HOLY MOLY there were a lot of laws.....
- Also I am seeing God preparing Israelis hearts for Jesus through almost everything he does for them.
- DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH leprosy.... don't do it.
- Random thought... so Joseph was the reason that all the Israelites ended up in Egypt.... when you read it all in a row it all starts to make sense.
- There are some pretty hilarious stand alone verses in the Leviticus. I kinda want to make a living off of making prints out of them... no one would buy them. but it would be hilarious.... to me.
- God cares ALOT about details... just read the account he gave to Moses about the tabernacle... which I can only imagine was GORGEOUS.